KU is involved in this fun contest provided by Coca Cola! Cans to work on your project can be picked up from the office currently!
Winners will receive a macbook pro or apple gift cards.
Contact: Department of Visual Art, Art & Design Building, Room 300, 1467 Jayhawk Boulevard, Lawrence, KS 66045-3102
Contact: Shannon Bybee, Assistant to the Chair email@example.com
HOW IT WORKS:
Beginning on 10/26/11 at 10 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) through 11/28/11 at 4 p.m. CT, an eligible student at a Participating University can enter the “Art of Recycling Contest” by creating an original piece of artwork (“Entry”) using recycled Coca-Cola products and other recycled materials.
To be eligible for Contest judging and prize award, an Entry must meet the following requirements:
· Entry must be original and made by Entrant.
· One (1) Entry per person and each Entry must be submitted by only one (1) person, no teams.
· Entry must include:
o A minimum of (1) Coca-Cola white cap and (1) white can of Coca-Cola Arctic Home.
§ Each participating college will be provided 5 cases of empty Coca-Cola Arctic Home cans by 11/5/11. See contact list below for who to contact for empty can.
o At least 45% recycled Coca-Cola product packages, along with any other recycled materials
§ For a complete list of Coca-Cola products visit:
· Entry cannot include any competing products of The Coca-Cola Company.
· Entry can only be entered in one (1) category:
o 2D – Wall Hanging
o 3D – Free standing
o Wearable Art
· Entry must include completed Official Entry Form or, if not available, on a plain piece of paper, handprint your first and last name, complete address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP code, University name, daytime and alternate telephone numbers. (If you do not have a phone number, indicate “No Phone”. Failure to comply with this or any other Official Rule will result in disqualification.). Each Entrant must also confirm that he/she is 18 years of age (19 in AL and NE) or older, either by checking the box on the Official Entry form or writing the words “I confirm that I am 18 years of age (or 19 in AL and NE) or older” on paper entry. You will also need to check which one category your Entry is being entered: A) 2D (wall hanging), B) 3D (free standing), C) Wearable art.
· All eligible Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: Use of Coca-Cola Product Packages (45%), Creativity (35%), and Construction (20%).
Entry must be submitted in person by 11/28/11, 4 p.m. CT at Participating University
Other universities involved: University of Illinois, University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, University of Missouri, University of North Dakota, Northwestern University, University of Wisconsin at Madison
3. FINALIST JUDGING: Entries submitted at each Participating University will be judged on or about 11/28/11 by a panel of academic judges, based on the criteria per above Rule #2, to determine the highest scoring entry. In the case of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the “Use of Coca-Cola Product Packages” criteria will be deemed the Finalist. Judge’s decisions are final. Finalists will be notified by phone or mail. One (1) Finalist will be selected per Participating University. If a University does not receive any eligible entries, a Finalize will not be selected or prize awarded. All Finalists will win a Finalist Prize and Finalist entries will be judged for the Grand Prize.
4. GRAND PRIZE JUDGING: The Grand Prize Judging will take place during the White Carpet Party at the Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, IL on 12/5/11. Photos or videos of each Finalist’s entry (taken by each University Judge, one Finalist entry per Participating University) will be displayed and judged by a celebrity judging panel. Finalist entries to be judged based on criteria per above Rule #2 to determine the highest scoring entry. In the case of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the “Use of Coca-Cola Product Packages” criteria will be deemed the winner. Judge’s decisions are final. Winner will be notified by phone or mail.
5. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: One (1) Grand Prize – a MacBook Pro. ARV: $1500. Eight (8) Finalist Prizes (one per Participating University) – a $550 Apple store gift card. ARV: $550. Gift card is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. MacBook Pro is a trademark of Apple, Inc. Apple, Inc. is not affiliated with this promotion.
6. GENERAL RULES: Void where prohibited by law. Not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, misdirected entries or entries not received by the entry deadline. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes by winners permitted. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Artwork submitted may not contain material that disparages any person, Sponsor and/or any of its or its affiliates’ products, or any other entity affiliated with sponsoring, promoting or administering this Promotion; is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or obscene, including but not limited to the depiction of gratuitous violence; dangerous stunts; real weapons of any kind and/or drug use; promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or depicts the use of any Coca-Cola product in an inappropriate or dangerous manner. Artists will be required to certify, on information or belief, that their artwork is their own creation, does not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks and/or rights of publicity/privacy and has not won any other contest. Artwork submissions that do not comply with these guidelines will be disqualified. If Sponsor, in its sole discretion, has reason to believe that any artwork contains any material that may infringe or violate the rights of a third party, Sponsor may disqualify such artwork and take all other measures Sponsor may deem appropriate to protect its interests. Artists irrevocably assign all rights, title and interest to the artwork, including copyrights, to The Coca-Cola Company and grants The Coca-Cola Company, and their respective agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such artwork in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any consideration, financial or otherwise to the artist. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Judging will be done by panels of judges selected by Sponsor. Decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this contest. Noncompliance with these requirements may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner based upon the next highest scoring entry will be contacted. Potential Grand Prize winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form for the combination of their Finalist prize and Grand Prize within ten (10) days of receipt. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner based upon the next highest scoring entry will be contacted. Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its Promotional Participants to use winner’s names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its Promotional Participants, the University of Illinois and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses and liability arising out of acceptance or use of prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this contest or the acceptance or use of any prize. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor, its Promotional Participants and the Participating Universities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prizes or in the administration of the contest.
6. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 12/5/11, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Coca-Cola Art of Recycling Contest Win List, ATTN: Megan Stevenson, 7400 North Oak Park Ave, Niles, IL, 60714 to be received by 11/28/11.
7. SPONSOR: The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313.