Please see above link for more information and downloadable forms
Deadline: Friday, October 5, 2012 (for travel between October 5, 2012 and February 8, 2013)
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to 200 Strong (c/o Amanda McCoy). We prefer digital copies, but will accept both electronic or paper applications.http://sota.ku.edu/faculty_students/studenttravelfund/index.shtml (Note: currently the deadline information is incorrect on the SOTA website. Correct deadline and travel dates are listed above)
The University of Kansas School of the Arts provides travel funds to support the professional development of its students and to increase the visibility of its academic programs. Applicants should note that funding priority will be given to students who were selected to participate in professional programs, conferences and events on the basis of a peer review of their work (portfolio, audition tape, written proposal, etc.). There are three options for student travel funding:
Option 1: Up to $250* may be awarded to students who attend regional or national professional conferences directly related to their area of study. Students attending conferences as a group must still apply to Student Travel Fund individually.
Option 2: Up to $500* may be awarded for the following activities:
- 1. Support for students to participate in regional, national or international conferences where they are performing or presenting papers, workshops, poster sessions, or other work.
- 2. Students invited to perform, present, or exhibit at other regional, national, or international venues related to their area of study.
- 3. Students attending a national conference when serving as elected officers of a related regional or national organization.
Option 3: Up to $750* may be awarded for travel expenses when studying in programs, organizations, and institutes beyond the KU campus leading to professional development in the arts. This component of the fund is highly competitive with a limited number of awards made each year. Travel for study might include:
- 1. Travel within the United States to participate in master classes, workshops, or residencies as appropriate within the arts disciplines in the School of the Arts.
- 2. Travel outside the United States in study abroad programs lead by KU faculty.
* Depends on available funding
Please Note: Students receiving funding for travel through the School of the Arts Student Travel Fund are required to submit a report of their travel within two weeks of their return. A form will be sent to students with their award notification. Students who fail to submit a report will not be eligible for future support from the SOTA Student Travel Fund.FundingReport
If you have any difficulty with these files, please email email@example.com for the file in question.